When St. Mary's Parish was founded in 1855, it was originally named The Sacred Heart of Jesus and Immaculate Heart of Mary - and so this is our parish feast day each year.
The Feasts of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary fall on June 24 & 25 in 2022.
Last year Cardinal Thomas Collins, Archbishop of Toronto, released a pastoral letter on the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This is a significant reflection on one of the most sacred symbols in the Catholic faith and what it can teach us in these difficult times. You can access this reflection by the clicking on the link on the right side of this page.
12 Promises Made to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
- I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
- I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
- Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
- In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.